For those of you who haven’t noticed, there are less than 3 weeks until Christmas. Crazy, right? If you’re anything like us, you have probably been practicing the art of procrastination for several months now. Which is why we thought it might be helpful to establish a list of impressive and yet still epically cool gifts to pick up for friends and family this year. This is not going to be your run of the mill Christmas wish list full of monogrammed pens, flasks, magnetic puzzles, odd tech gadgets that you’ll never use, or tiny coffee makers. The need for these items that emit single servings escapes us because who makes one cup of coffee?
No, on the contrary, our gift guide will be something more, not sure ‘more’ of what, but more nonetheless! This is the ultimate gift-giving guide for skydiving enthusiasts and will feature gadgets of the skydiving persuasion. Sure, some of them are certain to simply sit on your desk, shelf, may be shoved into closets or even regifted (naughty!), but when you receive them, the kitsch and irony involved in the selection process will demonstrate how well you know your recipient especially if they truly have a passion for skydiving (nice!).
So, without further ado, here we go!
- Skydiving parachute vinyl record wall clock. Made from a single vinyl 12” record, clock features skydiving design. Battery Powered can hang on the wall. May be purchased for $17.99 on Ebay.
- Parachuting Flipping Santa Musical Christmas Ornament. Colorfully dressed Santa flips and tumbles while holding onto a parachute while his face illuminates and Christmas Music Plays.
May be purchased at Chutingstar for $24.
- Handmade Retro Skydiving T-shirt. Black or Navy Blue, short sleeved 100% cotton t-shirt features skydive design made from water-based inks. Size Men’s Small to 3XL. May be purchased at Etsy.com for $22.99.
- Skydivers “Jump right in” box of chocolates made by Totally Chocolate. The decorative box features 45 individual chocolates. Each chocolate sports a unique skydiving design. May be purchased for $33.45 at Zazzle.com
- Gotta Fly! Going Skydiving wristwatch. Designed by May 28th this wristwatch has a customizable band in a variety of colors and may be purchased at Zazzle.com for $47.95.
- Skydiving KISS Helmet by SquareOne. Available in a variety of colors, the Kiss according to its description on Flying Flynn’s gear store, sports a 2mm thick polycarbonate lens with full mouth exposure, panoramic visibility and Square One’s NEW patent-pending anti-fog ventilation system. Available in sizes XS-2Xl and can be customized to two-tone coloring. May be purchased for $428. at Flyin’ Flynn’s Gear Store.
- Golden Sky Closings skydiving Pin Earrings. Earrings are for pierced ears and replicate skydiving pins. They are available in white or yellow gold and may be purchased at Chutingstar for $490.
3. Oris Altimeter Rega Limited Edition Watch. The world’s first self-winding watch. Does not require batteries and sports a mechanical altimeter. Description of the watch states that a “sensitive alloy capsule reacts to minute changes in air pressure to display altitudes up to 15,000 feet.” Only 1400 of these watches were made.
May be purchased for $3,850. at outsideonline.com.
- Icon V Complete Skydiving Rig. Eye-catching design and innovation in a design, with multiple customizable options. You will need to fill out the order form to customize the items in your package. May be purchased for roughly $7700 at Chutingstar.
- Skydiving.com Gift Certificates in any increment. Perfect for professionals and beginners alike. May be used toward the purchase of a Tandem Skydive jump ticket, to enroll in Accelerated Freefall Level 1 training, or present to loved ones to use at their discretion. Two-year validity and may be transferred. May be purchased at Skydiving.com or by calling directly.
These are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to exciting and innovative skydive gear and opportunities available to be given for the holidays this year. Happy shopping for your loved ones and better hurry!